Stormdancer Cruises - Programme & Availability
You will receive a warm welcome as individuals, couples or groups.
Cruises are all different, reflecting your wishes and the practicality of wind and tide.
Charter the Whole Boat to have complete freedom to choose the itinerary and pace of holiday to suit you.
In 2022, after a much-shortened programme in 2021, we will be enjoying some favourite locations.
At the end of April we head north to Oban to enjoy cruises around the Inner Hebrides, Mull, the Small Isles and Skye. From Oban, we head across to the Outer Hebrides and, weather permitting, revisit the yachtsman's mecca of St Kilda. Crew change will then be at Stornoway before rounding Cape Wrath on our way to Orkney. We sail around Orkney and Shetland for the months of June and July before a return to the West Coast in August, hopefully having taken in the Westray regatta at the end of July on our way south from Shetland. Our return to the Firth of Clyde will be mid-September.
The crew-change locations - Troon, Oban, Stornoway, Kirkwall and Lerwick - are all interesting in their own right. We will be anchoring at some fabulous places en-route and the programme is timed to allow time to explore ashore.
The 2022 programme is shown below. Availability is limited as we work to accommodate guests who were frustrated by programme cancellations in 2020 and 2021. Please register your interest and we will let you know if there are cancellations.
Points to Note
- Where cruises have 4 spaces there are no bookings i.e. the whole boat can be chartered.
- Cruises normally start at 14.00 on the first day and finish at 11.00 on the last.
- ** = UK bank holiday this week.
- Your cruise price includes all meals prepared on board.
- Meals on board have been widely praised by previous guests and feature freshly prepared and locally sourced ingredients. A three course evening meal with wine is served along with breakfast, lunch and regular hot drinks and snacks during the day. The most frequent complaint is of needing to ease the belt a notch after a week on board.
- One of the evening meals will be a simple 'cupboard meal' on the assumption that guests may like to dine ashore on one evening during the week.
- Prices are all inclusive i.e. bedding (sheets, duvets and pillows), towels, waterproofs (good quality “breathable”), safety equipment, fuel, berthing and, when applicable, RYA certificates and use of teaching books, plotters etc. However, during restrictions related to the Covid pandemic, guests were asked to bring their own sleeping bags and towels and it may be necessary to reintroduce this measure. Additional cleaning and testing measures were also in place and, again, it may be necessary to reintroduce subject to government regulations.
- Normally a maximum of four guests but this may be further limited during the pandemic.
- The Whole Boat price is the price shown multiplied by 4.
Discounts are available as follows:
Payment made (and all admin complete) by the end of March or four months before the cruise whichever is earlier
Booking for two or more weeks
Payment is made into a Client Account (i.e. released only on completion of the holiday).
"I had a great time and enjoyed this trip immensely. Beautiful landscape and seascape, good company, excellent accommodation and good host.”
Marijke, Experienced, Holland
“If you want to sail the Western Isles, this is who to book with. Thanks Richard, I’ll be back.
Chris, Experienced, Edinburgh
“The flexibility to plan the itinerary around our daily trips was brilliant.”
Sascha, Beginner, Germany
“From hearty breakfast to the single malt at night, in great company with wind, sunshine and blue water. Perfect.”
Tamas, Advanced, Hungary
“We sailed at every opportunity. Brilliant.”
Fred, Beginner, England
“Adventure in a safe pair of hands on a well-equipped, lovely boat.”
Sarah, Experienced, Exeter
"Thank you also for looking after us so well as always."
Jane, Frequent Guest, Edinburgh